Hi friend! Allow me to introduce myself
A vegan Yooper, and Interior Design student with a love for living sustainability, cruelty-free and intentionally. I’m so happy you found my little spot on the massive internet!
Here’s what you should know about me
- I drink coffee until it’s time for a cocktail and swing music.
- I’ve got an amazing husband, Doug, who owns a Gym and has done some crazy things, like run 30+ miles on snowshoes.
- Doug and I have one tradition only, to take tequila shots on important days and holidays.
- I’m mom to 2 dogs and 2 cats, aunt to 3 furbabes, sister to 2… you get the idea. Our family is made of animal lovers.
- I worked in animal rescue and believe all animals have rights and will always fight for them.. by the way, adopt a senior pet! #shamelessplug
- I’m an introvert, I think.
- Music makes life colorful and at the worst times, tolerable. I very easily get lost in almost any song – please don’t take it personally;-)
I’m blessed to say I grew up on the shores of Lake Superior and she still takes my breath away with her power and beauty. I’ve never known life without immediate access to the beach as my Great Grandfather purchased land on the shore and it’s been in our family since.
Over the years, I’ve done many things but have always had a passion for helping and working with animals. I’ve been a pet sitter, groomer and most rewarding, have worked at our local no-kill shelter UPAWS.
My blogging journey started in 2015 when I came across some blogger stories on Pinterest and it’s been a wild ride since then. Most importantly, it started a journey of finding an outlet to share ways to help fix the problems that keep me up at night: animal welfare and the health of our planet, all while creating a beautiful home and life.
I’m committed to finding ways to live more sustainably and with less consequence to Mother Earth and her family, and I truly hope I’m able to inspire you to do the same!
We are not entitled to the resources we were given by our ancestors but instead, are borrowing them from our children.-source unknown
Here’s what you can expect from the blog
- Tips for creating an intentional life and home
- Ways to have a greener home
- Vegan food reviews and recipes
- How-tos for creating a beautiful, cruelty-free lifestyle and home
- Everyday life on the Fresh Coast including social happenings, current events, local resources, protecting our Great Lakes and surviving the unpredictable weather
I look forward to getting to know you and hope you’ll reach out with topics you’d like to see on the blog! If you haven’t yet, head over here to get started.
The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.Marie Kondo, The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up